Primary Care Network partners with a variety of accredited and non-accredited organizations on different educational activities to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Because most CME activities are unique, we work with each organization and tailor our processes to meet their individual needs, while ensuring compliance with all related CME criteria, standards, and policies. Primary Care Network also helps organizations market their CME activities to our network of primary care clinicians.
- Primary Care Network (PCN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- In July 2013, PCN earned ‘Accreditation with Commendation’ by the ACCME (2013-2019). This distinguished group of CME providers demonstrate exemplary compliance with all 22 Accreditation Criteria and a six-year accreditation term.
- PCN adheres to and ensures compliance with the following:
- ACCME Accreditation Criteria and Policies
- Standards for Commercial Support
- FDA Final Guidance on Industry-Supported Scientific and Educational Activities
- Office of Inspector General (OIG) Guidelines
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- American Medical Association (AMA) Ethical Guidelines for Gifts to Physicians from Industry
- The AMA PRA and Credit System Booklet
Primary Care Network partners with a variety of non-accredited organizations on different educational activities to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Because most CME activities are unique, we work with each organization and tailor our processes to meet their individual needs.
American Board of Internal Medicine/Maintenance of Certification
Primary Care Network provides the option of registering applicable CME activities for the ABIM MOC program into the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS). As such, PCN attests to compliance with the requirements for the ABIM Medical Knowledge Assessment Recognition Program.
The ACCME and the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) have collaborated to simplify the integration of Maintenance of Certification (MOC) and accredited CME. This collaboration expands the number and diversity of accredited CME activities registered in ABIM’s MOC program, offering ABIM Board Certified physicians more options for receiving MOC points through their participation in CME activities.
Successful completion of a CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn MOC points in the ABIM MOC program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Primary Care Network can help you market your CME activities!
Primary Care Network can assist any organization in marketing their accredited CME activity to our network of primary care clinicians. We offer options such as monthly dedicated emails and/or inclusion in PCN’s monthly newsletter. Activities can also be posted on Primary Issues with a link to your activity, or we can host the CME activity, along with the evaluation component and certificate issuance on our site. Email us for specific details!
Primary Issues is PCN’s online CME website dedicated to providing primary care clinicians with the tools to help improve patient outcomes and their practices through patient-focused content and exceptional resources. Activities posted on Primary Issues™ are marketed to over 50,000 primary care clinicians that are part of the PCN member database.